Wednesday, December 1, 2010

random thoughts

Man... I am a slacker! My thought today are so bouncing around I figured what a better way to get them organized than to Blog about all of them...

1. Today I was reminded in a for sure real way just how great our God is and how he amazingly provides, sustains, and has every detail of our lives already worked out if we just trust in Him! My sweet friend Lindsey has had her fair share of medical problems... from Breast Cancer twice in two years, to just a week ago waking up to having a seizure resulting in her finding out she had a brain tumor. You can read her inspiring story here. Lindsey and her husband have turned everything over to God and are truly walking the steps day by day that God lays out for them. While I know they are struggling and hurting their story just makes me fall in love with God more and more everyday.

2. Honduras: I don't know where I am at with this, I am not abandoning this endeavor, nor do I want to put it on hold, yet at the same time I have not been actively working on getting prepared to leave my life this summer for it. So much needs to happen, and honestly I am conflicted. I have for the first time had a big girl job that I actually LOVE, and I am having a hard time picturing myself leaving after just one year here. I know God brought me here, and I don't know His plans and I am a planner by nature. So stepping out and walking off the cliff to see where I fall is so out of my comfort zone... while I know comfort isn't where we are designed to be, it's nice. Just like this morning, snuggled up in the cloud of feathers I call my bed with Pixie was so comfortable that I delayed getting up until the last possible second, my life in Houston has become familiar to me. Plus, fundraising, and spanish not going so well...prob. because I have no plan of attack.

3. This kind of ties in with #2 but I've been reading 2 books that are so inspiring and making me feel guilty about my feelings in #2. These are Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson and Three Cups of Tea-not sure who the author is but it's a book about Greg Mortenson and his work in Pakistan... totally both about jumping head first, having faith and trusting in the guidance God gives...

4. It's December... and while most people LOVE the holidays, to me they are just a reminder of how alone and detached I am from everything. Which is a little weird to say since I just professed my love of my life in Houston, but I don't really have much contact with my family (although since having a talk with them things have gotten better) I don't have friends in Houston really, and of course I am single so... nothing says being alone more than Holidays. Ugh! I just hate the ever present reminder... Plus I have no idea what to do for Christmas... on the Bright side my sweet sister Belky is gonna be in Victoria for Christmas and I can't wait to see her and her sweet man Stu!

so all these thought pop in and out of my mind all day...

My verse for today... 1 John 2:12
"I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name sake. "

Jesus just is so amazing, and reminders of that in any way are blessing me everywhere... and right now I need all the reminders I can get.

1 comment:

  1. You never answered me about your address so if you are alone without my card it is your fault :)... E-mail it to meeee! Love you and my heart is with you even when you are lonely.

    ReplyDelete