Monday, April 20, 2009

Love me some Red Box!!!!!

I love RedBox! I can honestly say that I think I am in love with this tiny obscure little vending machine. Not because movie rentals are cheap (more on that), not because it is conveniently located all over and I can pickup/return anywhere I please, no it is because it has opened my life to obscure, insignificant movies I would have never have seen, never even known about, or acknowledged. Ok so cheap it is, I get FREE codes every Monday as a text message and what is better than free, and yes it is very convenient. Ok so maybe I love it for all these reasons. If you know me, you know I don't have TV. I see no reason to pay for what I can get online for free, so I miss all the movie previews and commercials. I have also not been to a movie since I moved to the P.L. so 9 months now with no theater trips... sad, but honestly my life is not laking in the least. Some of the movies I have rented and watched from the comfort of my own house, my own couch. all by myself curled up with Pixie are: Rachel getting married, Miracle at Santa Anna, The boy int he stripped pajamas, W, nights in rodathane, brideshead revisted, and cake eaters. Now of course I have seen the blockbusters as well, marly and me, Twilight, madagascar 2, ya know the important ones! haha but seriously I think that for every blockbuster, recognized movie ( to me this is any movie I have heard of before I get to the redbox) I have probably seen 3 to 4 random, often lower budget movies that I have come to love. So thank you Red Box! Thank you for enlightening me, entertaining me, and making all this possible. And to all the struggling film directors, if you have a dream chase it, live it, share it, Someone out there like me will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment