Monday, June 8, 2009

must use left foot!

So my job sent me to South Padre Island for about 4 days, where while there were meetings going on, I planned on relaxing more than working! I took my sweet bike and was very excited about getting on it again without the fears of being blown off with the coastal winds and crazy drivers I face in Port Lavaca. So after about a 2 month hiatus from my bike, due to ankle injury and winds, I had plans of biking a lot over my time when I wasn't on the beach, in the ocean, or in meetings. The first night out, I was doing good riding along a friend running, keeping it conversational and relaxed... for me at least. We came to the end of the island and had to cross so I had to go to the main drag at an intersection with only a stop sign to cross the road and get to the beach side on the island from the bay side. I came to the stop sign unclipped my right foot... and the next thing i knew I was on the ground on top of my bike with my left foot still clipped in... seriously its been 2 months not 2 years... I then thought back and i always unclip my left foot to stop...ALWAYS! I am apparently not capable of stopping with my right foot. Crazy I know! remember when stopping left, not right!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a left-footer too. I tried once with the right foot. Didn't fall, but it just didn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll wear out the left pedal long before the right, due to overuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm left footed too!! And Jeff is right, I've noticed that the bolts on my left cleat get loose long before the right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to know that i'm not the only lefty living in a right side dominant body! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought left was a girl thing. Guess not. Tried right. Fell. sticking to left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea what foot I took out to stop so last time out I figured out I'm a right footer. I don't even think I could stop if I pulled out my left foot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike I apparently can't stop with my right.. unless I want to crash land, which while working for snowboarding, not so much for biking. My bike is heading to the shop when I get back from Honduras to make sure nothing really messed up. haha

    ReplyDelete