Monday, September 21, 2009

accelerating SUV's

As I was returning home from a good weekend escape to Houston with just enough work tied in to pay for my trip, I got stuck on repeat with another driver on the road. I was driving my usual 5-7 miles over the speed limit and this other SUV showed up on my tail at one point, I moved into the right lane to let them pass as any courteous driver does and let them speed right past while thinking I hope they don't get pulled over. Said SUV after passing myself returned to the right lane only to slow down causing me to pass them. This pattern was repeated 4 times in the next 5 min and began to irritate me. I thought to myself, if they pass me and slow down again, I am just going to block them and cut out this nonsense... Then I got to thinking, is that the attitude God would want me to have? As i was pondering this, it came to me is that this is often what I do to God... I ask for his help, then I pass it by when its offered only to mess up fall down because I am trying to do it myself, and end up right back where I started behind.

God, please don't give up on me or become frustrated with me. I know I am often that irritating SUV, and I will try to be content staying behind you and traveling at the speed you have set on your cruise control for my life rather than gunning ahead. I know that you have a plan, a time line, and goals for my life and I want nothing less than to adhere to them. Thank you so much for your guidance, protection, and love for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment