Monday, September 14, 2009

feeling unfulfilled/complacent

So I have reached a point where once again I am feeling unfulfilled in my life. I realized that if I were to stay in my current profession and job forever I would feel like a failure in my life. Is there ever a point where you feel like you are good? Where you feel like you have achieved what your supposed to?
I know I should feel blessed and appreciative with everything God has given me thus far, and I am but I feel stagnant. I know when we feel this way I need to step out and take something else on... the question is what? and when do I have time? Is it time for me to be a little reckless and not wait for logic, not wait for good timing and just trust God and go? I already have plans to make a big step in the next year or two, but do I wait? In Zephaniah 1:12 the Bible tells us "It will come about at that time That I will search Jerusalem with lamps, And I will punish the men Who are stagnant in spirit, Who say in their hearts, 'The LORD will not do good or evil!' While my spiritual life is not completely stagnant, all parts of our lives are connected, and maybe it is and I jsut don't feel it hitting me yet. Which is in fact quite possible. So now I have 2 problems.. great, I love when I blog and make myself more aware.... UGH!
What are some ways you change complacency in your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment