Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I love the Mexican's i'm surrounded by :)

OKay so If you know me, you most definitely know that I have absolutely no cooking ability what-so-ever. I mean my house now does not even have an oven or stove... seriously! So apparently, this astounds the mexican's I am surrounded by here on the Tx coast. (it's okay to refer to them like that I promise) So last night while working a softball game my head softball coaches wife, one of my student athletic trainers, and a JV softball player were not only teaching me spanish, they were explaining how to cook some authentic mexican dishes. I mean homemade tortillas seriously... I didn't think that was possible... I thought they came in a little ziploc bag and you add ingredience for taco's... and that was as homemade as it got. I was wrong! So to the amusement of the faculty I work with and most of the students... I am learning. I am even going to get cooking lessons wow! I know! Seriously!!!

Spanish words I learned last night: masa prounced Ma-saw tortilla dough
palota-rolling pin prounced pa loe ta
palotae-ball prounced pa loe tay

YaY! for me!

2 comments:

  1. My poor pennsylvania dutch tongue cannot handle real Mexican food. Friends get irritated with me because I have to insist on the mild salsa. I can't help it though when I was raised with only three spices, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well actually I have learned that authentic mexican food is actually very bland and mild. So you'd be a-okay with this stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete