Monday, March 2, 2009

finding the shade

With the end of the year quickly approaching, (its almost spring break!) thoughts of transition begin to enter my mind. For me, thoughts of whether to stay or look for a different position are on the fore front of my mind. This year has definitely been tough. It was a struggle internally from the beginning, prior to even accepting the job, but in the end God wanted me here and here I ended. To say I was pleased about this would be a complete and udder lie. In short I was miserable, to the point I was excited about the prospect of a hurricane! Christmas came, and I got to get out for a while and I think it was the best thing for me. I came back with a renewed faith in God and a belief that HE has me here for a reason. I can tell you I have learned more being here than I want to admit, and I am being prepared for the future more and more with each day. So thoughts of leaving are still on my mind, but that would be what I want for my life, but is it what God wants? A question I have been pondering for weeks. I pray and pray for direction, and for God to use my life to increase His kingdom no matter what! Well have I been open to listening? Sunday's sermon was about Prayer, and the steps of Prayer, transitioning from asking, to pleading, to listening and I am learning what that actually means. For further assistance and reaffirmation that I am trying to live for God I went back to my favorite book in the Bible last night. Jonah. From childhood, I have had a fascination with him living inside a whale's belly because God loved him and had a plan for him besides drowning in his disobedience. When he was spit out, and finally did what God asked, he was still unhappy about it, and still had disobedience. I think this has been me, while I have learned a great deal, I have not been completely receptive to God's plan. I still had my thoughts and feelings leading my day to day thoughts and actions with God sort of being my overall guide. Well I am here to tell you that does not work! Thanks Jonah for teaching me more and showing me that my everything needs to be about God or I'll loose my shade as well.

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Veggies Tales movie about Jonah? If not you deffinately have too. One of the key differences between it and the actual story is that the people of Nineveh slap each other with fish, and that's why Jonah doesn't want to go. There are other differences too (like the pirates) but it's a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not, but will for sure have to find it now! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we don't get the answer until we really learn and grow the way God wants us to. This verse seems to fit what you are going through. "Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." From Ether 12:6 in The Book of Mormon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, you really should join our contest the more people who come, the more fun it will be!!! Spinach Smoothie, yumm:)

    ReplyDelete