Thursday, October 22, 2009

procrastination

So "No Perfect People Allowed" series is amazing! Every week I notice more and more about where I am at, and where I should be. This week was all about procrastination... come on who doesn't love a last min. rush every once in a while??? But seriously, there are a lot of places that I procrastinate: work (blogging at work... I think so), cleaning/unpacking (yes I moved in in August... No my bedroom still isn't unpacked), and lately my bible study/quiet time... now it's not that I don't want to do all of these things, it's just that I never seem to want to do them now!

Last night, I was so frustrated b/c I was hosting my small group, rushed home from work, did some last min. pick of/dishes and waited..... and waited... and waited. Apparently no one was coming. I initially was irritated because I did all this and no one even appreciated it. Then i thought more and figured people were busy, but they just should have let me know. I kept thinking, maybe I am wrong and have chased them away, maybe I'm a horrible leader, maybe... the list could go on forever. This got me thinking, I hadn't really prepared like I should have for the group, was this God's way of telling me I need to get on the ball and get stuff done? I think so.

How frustrated must God be with me that this was the only way he could get through to me! *Slap* I felt it. That stinging sensation when someone smacks you down and tells you how it really is. Yup procrastination and laziness once again got me down and humbled. See the members in my group I know have good hearts, crazy schedules, and are busy. It does not matter that I get in trouble at work for leaving in time to be there, or that I prepare (when I do), or that I took the effort to make sure my apartment was spotless for them. I should be happy they make it when they do. I don't need recognition for anything I do from any of them.

1 Samuel 2:3

"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.

Yes Thank You God for humbling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment