Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Committments: Over or Under

So it's dawned on me today that I have committed myself to many events that require funding.. and while they are all for a good cause, I may be planning on taxing my friends out... not a good thing. See I have registered first for "the livestrong challenge" which is a bike race (you may have guessed that) in Austin (again) and hosted by Lance Armstrong (yet again) and to participate in this event is $250 minimum. But it's for a good cause right? Ok so Done. Signed up, ready to ride... except I need to be training more or I'm going to die. Well this race isn't until October of 2009 so I have some time to collect.
Then I am answering God's calling and traveling with a group from my church to Honduras this summer. I can absolutely NOT Wait! I have been wanting to go on more missions for a long time, and have been feeling God tug on my heart to go.. and finally He said it is time and has opened the doors. This trip is $1500 Not too bad for a week of getting to do the Lords work and it is so definitely worth it!
Well about a week ago, I received an e-mail from a teacher at the school I work for asking me to be on the school's Relay for Life team. Of course I said yes without hesitation... ohh wait I have to raise money for that too... Oh well I'm committed now! I have a feeling with these three things God will provide first and foremost, I will loose some weight (Praise Jesus!) , and I will be motivated to train a little and work out. After all hiking in the mountains of Honduras, riding in a long bike race, and relay for life which I am setting a personal goal of running a good bit of, well I have got to get started early right.
I just find it so funny, because I have so many friends who are so non-committal it isn't even funny and then there is me, and if it involves doing good for someone else, raising money to help a cause, of funding research well I'm on board... to the point of double booking myself at times... Someone help me from saying YES! ahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment