Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"They conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they did not love their lives in the face of death" Rev 12:11

Of course this verse is referring to Satan in the form of a Dragon in the heavens... But do I defeat him here on earth every day through the same way? Is my love and trust in the Lord strong enough to conquer him through the little things daily. I say yes! but I wonder if that is not just lip service. I have found myself questioning myself lately about the truth of my feelings, are they true or just what I am trying to convince myself I should have. Should I have to try to convince myself of Love to my Father? Do I treat him as I do my own father or better... sadly the answer is yes, which goes to say I probably don't treat either of them the way I should. WOW! I'm a bad daughter! But it is what I know? Does God fault me for that, that I give him what I know and treat him through the only love I have to base the concept of LOVE on?
In my family love is a thing we say, we occasionally show, and always feel. I don't know how to truly show love, I feel it, but it gets pushed on the back burner unless put directly in my face to face it. How does one change this? I have a tinglie sensation... and its telling me this is why I keep others at bay, why I don't have closeness in my life.. wait I've been told this by some of the people I consider being closest to. I don't show them I care. There are so many people I cherish in my life, andI would do anything for, but do they know this? Unless there has been a reason for me to demonstrate it, no they probably don't. and I hate to say it, but in my life, the best way I know to demonstrate love is through things, money, and then actions. This in my relationship with my heavenly Father, and means I tend to live a legalistic life, and I just hope and pray that he can read my true heart and know what is there... b/c I don't know how to change. I desire to and ask for his help. I try, but I feel I am a failure b/c I am told so, I see it though the actions of the close people in my life, they do not most of the time think of me as a close person in theirs, which hurts me more than I can tell you but I know I probably deserve just that. But in reality it just makes me push them further away b/c I don't want to get hurt further by them... thus leading me to a life of solitude... how can I want from them what I have no idea to give. Treat people as we want to be treated... humm... but I don't know how I want to be treated until it happens.. and then I make a snap judgement and well basically I just suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment