Tuesday, September 28, 2010

awe inspiring

Today I must confess that I have not been very diligent about reading consistently, and have been jumping around quite a bit... but I believe that in my inconsistency God is revealing truth and meaning to my life. So today, as I sit in my office going through the motions not really working on much of anything letting my ADHD run a muck I stumbled upon this jewel and love the call it places on us , and our actions.

Heb. 12:28
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,
let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
29for our "God is a consuming fire."

How often am I thankful, and in awe of the everyday things God does in my life? Sure I appreciate and stand in awe when I see amazing sunsets or sunrises, or when I witness or hear of God's work in a big way in or through someone, but what about the daily things? What about the things that don't directly involve me???

Today there was a man who decided to take a gun and start shooting in a library on the University of Texas campus... the only person injured was himself after he shot his last fatal shot. The only person! God put his hands on the other people in that building, on that campus, those driving by... but was my first thought to praise God, to stand in Awe? No it wasn't, obviously it is now but still...

Today, I was able to wake up to the sun, enjoy a nice cool morning with Pixie, and not be rushed anywhere... nothing too awe inspiring about that, but yet God allowed for that... He allowed me to find a job where that was a possibility, He allowed me to have a window facing the east, he allowed me to find and raise the sweetest Chihuahua ever... He allowed me to still be alive through all the dumb things I have done in my life...

Our God is amazing, awe inspiring, and fantastic and I am so grateful to call Him Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment