Monday, September 27, 2010

work...time... things that matter

Well folks, It's Monday! I had an amazing weekend finally getting my hair done, visiting my parents taking mom shopping and to get a pedi (her first ever... How on earth did I ever turn out girly) and then Pixie and I went to visit one of my sweet dear friend in Tyler, her husband, and her sweet Chihuahua Chi Chi. Ahh I love having a weekend in the middle of football season to relax, rest up, heal, and revamp for the long haul... ya'll bye weeks are NOT just helpful for the players, they help all involved! This weekend I heard the NFL players are still trying to negotiate with the addition of games making their seasons 18 games long, they are asking for 2 BYE weeks... and I totally think they should, they need it, their bodies need it, and the staff definitely needs it!

So my friend and I were talking this weekend about how hard and how much we work, and we work to afford the things we have that we never get to appreciate because we are never home or free to use them! Seems silly, while I tend to buy stuff for my apartment every time I move, which is about once a year, I prefer to spend my money on vacations, quality time with friends and/or family, and experiences! after all you can't take possessions with you to the grave, but the memories last forever! So today's verse just reiterates this and puts it in perspective... at least this time my logic is sound and comes from God!

"As he had come naked from his mother's womb, so will he return as he came. He will take nothing from the fruit of his labor that he can carry in his hand" Ecclesiastes 5:15

I know I wish I didn't work 12 hour days 6 days a week, I wish I had more time for relationships, for love, for the things that truly matter... but for now i have to keep reminding myself that God has me where I am for his plan, and that I can make relationships, and my work here really matter too!
Oh and here is a picture of my hair... back to looking normal! I love my Dusti!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment