Sunday, September 12, 2010

Humbling

Today was a day I did nothing, really. I cooked some food for the week, in hopes that I would not only save a little money, but eat a little healthier. Today the healthy part, I am not so sure about, maybe it's just because I was around food all day but I feel like I ate all day too! Ugh is there such a thing as eaters remorse???

Anyways my verse for today is from James, I dunno I just felt like I was supposed to read this today so here it is. James 4:10.

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."
Today startes a campain my church is Victoria is doing called 40 days of no excuses, and man how humbling that is. When you really stop and think about how many excuses you use in a day? Excuses about running late, excuses about wrinkles in clothes, excuses about not getting everything done, excuses about being excused for bumping into someone... Everyday is filled with excuses, lack of self control, putting blame on someone, or anyone/thing but yourself because we are so proud to think that circumstances, inanimate objects, etc. are the cause of our troubles. So friends, I encourage you to do just as this verse commands, humble yourself and allow God the chance to do some amazing things in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment