Tuesday, September 14, 2010

comfort and joy

I have felt quite accomplished today! I was able to cross off 95% of the things on my to-do list, I didn't drink coffee this morning because I have been feeling that I need to cut back on the amount of caffeine I consume on a daily basis, I made and brought my own lunch to work instead of going to get food somewhere thus saving myself calories and money... I just feel accomplished. I have been talking to a friend of mine in Honduras and praying for her today, talking to my heart student who was admitted to the hospital yesterday for more testing, and I have had a looming parent meeting hanging over my head all day because this parent is particularly difficult and a lawyer so you never feel like you win with her.. I think they teach intimidation in law school .. really! But In all honesty, I am not too worried about these things, I know they are in God's hands and I know that He is by my side through it all and he has prepared me and instructed me, guided me, and loved me... I have no fear! So today my verse comes from Philippians 2.

"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.”

I do have this comfort, this encouragement, this joy and I ask you to find the same just as this verse says. Below is a picture of so many people that brought me all these things this summer because they were will to become like minded with Christ. Love each of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment