Monday, January 12, 2009

New Tricks

"Faith is trusting God no matter how impossible the odds are" I have questioned so many times, not God and not what he has done for me or not done for me, but my own Faith. I mentioned previously that I don't understand trust and to me faith is an extension of trust. Not completely and I know there is more to it than that but without trust how can you have faith? According to Merriam-Webster Faith is a: firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust (3): something that is believed especially with strong conviction. Well I believe in God and I believe he is my savior and my salvation! but wait here is that complete trust.... I trust that I believe that, and I trust His word is His word, and parts of my life I have no problem giving to him, but those are the easy parts, the parts I don't think about and contemplate everyday... those are the parts that I have trouble giving control up to Him. Why? I don't know... I know He could do a better job with my life than I ever could think about... and if I know this why don't I give up control.. I ask for His guidance, His direction, His way, and I try to follow that... when the question is big... but the daily little things those I don't turn to Him for. and aren't those even more important that the big ones that come around every once in a while... aren't they the ones that form who and where I am ?? How do you teach a dog new tricks? I want to learn new tricks, I want to seek his guidance with every step and every move... I am making that decision to try. They say it takes a month to learn new habits, so for the next month this is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment