Wednesday, January 21, 2009

unusual greatness

This week has been unusual as far as my schedule, and for someone who has an ever changing job and schedule that's saying a lot! But Monday while most of the free world had the day off to celebrate MLK I was sitting in meetings... no big deal they didn't pertain to me so I occupied myself with other tasks. I like scheduled "getting things done" time. I guess I should also mention that Sunday was a gorgeous day and warm, so Pixie and I layed out in the back yard after church... YaY! for sunshine and tanning in January!!! Maybe the beach isn't such a horrible place to be :) Monday night and Tuesday night I was blessed with a friend for dinner and some socializing which I cherished! And the food was great! Plus it gave me a chance to branch out, try some new places and just enjoy life. It's amazing what happens when you start hating your situation and you begin to take advantage of it instead. My mood has been so much more positive and I don't hate my life anymore. I also started a new bible study this week with my small group called RePurposed.. and I'm diggin it big time. Tonight there is more fabulousness instore... I have small group and I get to see one of my favorite friends down here! She has been gone so long I can't wait... plus everyone else who, once again, I am starting to accept and cherish. Woo Hoo Ok but yesterday all morning I spent all day watching kids pee sounds exciting right! haha not so much, ohh how I love drug testing... :) but the inaguration was better than I expected... and I was for the most part supportive of our new president. I actually liked and agreed with 95% of his speech... not bad for someone who was not enthused about him going into office. Today I am teaching labs all day I have the afternoon off, I have to go shopping for a dress for our Athletic Banquet tomorrow... hopefully my frugality can stay intact and I will find something adorable for a very adorable price haha... then small group! all positive, fun and exciting. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment